Friday, February 24, 2006

Get your hands off my sausage


Tired, so this will be a short post (not that anyone is reading these anyway...)

I think my pet fish in my office like my coworker (who kindly fish-sat for me when I was on vacation) better than they like me. I still love them, though. They just seem to perk up when she comes around. She took care of them while I was away last week. She insists that they watch her work and that their "eyes are glowing!" I must admit, they do look a lot better this week, and bigger, too.

Here's the weird story for the day...
While grocery shopping with my husband, a guy was kind of on the same "track" as we were - you know how sometimes at a store you keep passing the same person, and then you end up in line at the same time? Such a strange phenomenon.

I was looking at italian sausage, and he was looking at italian sausage. I guess he looked at me and thought, "She looks like she eats a lot of sausage. She must know sausage." (Oh yeah, that's not a double entendre...) I picked up a pack of sausage, and then he picked one up. I wandered around the meat department for a while, and then found the CheddarWurst sausages I was looking for, and wouldn't you know that the guy was right behind me and picked up the SAME CHEDDARWURST SAUSAGE!! I had the feeling that he was watching me and then getting what I was getting.

When I reconvened with my husband, the sausage guy vanished. It just struck me as a bit of a strange happening.

2 comments:

Depressionista said...

Wow, Tingle, you've got pictures and stuff on your blog now! Wow! I'm impressed.

I COMPLETELY know what you mean about someone being on the same track as you at the grocery store...that could be a comedy bit. This whole story could be a comedy bit...how strange that someone would follow you around to find out what kind of sausage you picked out! That's a real ego-boost, isn't it?

Hope things are going to go okay at work...I'll talk to you about it later. Maybe they'll just cut out a few of your trips so you'll be around more to visit me!

Cass said...

Oh, Cheez and Rice!
I typed up a whole comment already and managed to lose it! Computers can be such a pain in the anus. Anyway, I wanted to say that I am truly impressed with your blog...the pictures and stuff. The stories are great...You never know when someone may follow you around for your sausage. I love freaky shit like that.
Anyway, it was good to see you when you were down visiting Depressionista! I had a lot of fun! You have a great sense of humor and personality! I will look forward to hanging with you again!
Take care