Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Alien Season

I've had no less than 2-3 bloody noses per day the last few days. This usually happens when the cold weather hits and the air becomes dryer. But, I like to believe that it's because of the nasal implant the aliens placed in me during my abduction.

I have a love-hate relationship with aliens, which is better described as a deep fascination/horrific fear relationship. Logically, I want to believe there are no aliens. But something inside me thinks there not only are aliens, but they have abducted me - I just can't remember it.

Here are the reasons I think I've been abducted, all things that are actual symptoms of abductees from a list of common indicators shared by most UFO abductees taken from this webpage: Symptoms of Alien Abduction. I haven't included all the symptoms, just the ones I feel I have. But there are only 52, and quite frankly, I think I have almost all of them. The indicator is in black, my comment is in purple.
  • Have been paralyzed in bed with a being in your room - mainly when I was younger
  • Have unusual scars or marks with no possible explanation on how you received them -especially if you have an emotional reaction to them. (i.e. small scoop indentation, straight line scar, scars in roof of mouth. in nose, behind or in ears, or genitals, etc. - a couple (but I think they are probably chicken pox scars, and not on my genitals, not that I could see that anyway...)
  • Have seen balls of light or flashes of light in your home or other locations - some completely unexplainable, for real.
  • Have a memory of flying through the air which could not be a dream - I have memories of going through a kind of warp while awake, kind of like an out of body experience.
  • Have seen beams of light outside your home, or come into your room through a window - again some unexplainable (but I'm pretty sure some were headlights...)
  • Have had dreams of UFOs, beams of light, or alien beings - yes, but I think a lot of people have, right?
  • Have had a UFO sighting or sightings in your life - you're never really sure and sometimes you explain what you saw away. But one time, about 2 years ago, I saw a shiny oval-shaped orb in the sky as the sun was setting and a reflection coming off of it. It appeared to be far away, and I was driving home, so I didn't get a good look before it disappeared.
  • Have a cosmic awareness, an interest in ecology, environment, vegetarianism, or are very socially conscious - I feel very passionate about social issues and justice in relation to humanity and the planet.
  • Have a strong sense of having a mission or important task to perform, without knowing where this compulsion came from - now this will sound weird to some of you, but I have ALWAYS had this sense that there is something very important I am here to do - I've even thought at times that I am a sort of prophet, that's how strong the feeling is. Although I'm not sure what that is I'm here to do, it's a very strong feeling that I feel I've always had.
  • Have had unexplainable events occur in your life, and felt strangely anxious afterwards - I've often said I have the "shit rock" in life - which is the opposite of having a lucky charm. But I don't think it's that unusual to feel anxious about strange events.
  • For women only: Have had false pregnancy or missing fetus. (pregnant, and then not) - many abductees have problems with infertility and pregnancy loss. As strange as this might sound, the thought has crossed my mind that my issues have to do with the alien's experiments. I lost a son who was born premature and died during labor in November 2003, and I was pregnant in early 2004, but they could never find a heartbeat and they told me it never developed.
  • Have had a dream of eyes such as animal eyes (like an owl or deer), or remember seeing an animal looking in at you. Also if you have a fear of eyes. - yes, and I get full-body heebie-jeebies when I think about this. But I don't have a "fear of eyes" really.
  • Have awoken in the middle of the night startled. - all the time - sometimes I think I hear someone entering the house, or rummaging around downstairs or in another room. Several times I've woken startled by someone saying my name or telling me something.
  • Have strong reaction to cover of Communion or pictures of aliens. Either an aversion to or being drawn to. - yes - I am both fascinated by aliens and completely freaked out by them. The first time I saw a picture of an alien like on the cover of Communion, it really freaked me out. Seeing the movie pushed me even farther to the edge. It's like many things we're horrified by - it causes us fear, and yet we can't look away and are strangely intrigued.
  • Have inexplicably strong fears or phobias. (i.e. heights, snakes, spiders, large insects, certain sounds, bright lights, your personal security or being alone). - I have a strong fear of beetles, among other things. Oh, and aliens.
  • Have experienced self-esteem problem much of your life. - anyone who knows me will know I don't even have to answer this one (uh, yeah!)
  • Have awoken with marks, burns or bruises which appeared during the night with no explanation on how you could have possibly received them. - I have, but I usually explain them away by something I bumped into or something, even though I can't remember it and I'm very difficult to bruise. My husband has also woken up with bruises he can't explain.
  • Have had, at any time, blood or an unusual stain on sheet or pillow, with no explanation of how it got there. - again, the nosebleeds are what I use to explain this away.
  • Have an interest in the subject of UFO sightings or aliens, perhaps compelled to read about it a lot, or an extreme aversion towards the subject. - I'm completely compelled to read about it, even though I try to convince myself that there are no aliens and that it's just some fun, science fiction thing (keyword there, "fiction" - as in "not real")
  • Have been suddenly compelled to drive or walk to an out of the way or unknown area. - yes, but I think this is just being exploring and the need to be alone and drive. I've taken many drives to out of the way areas in woods or farm areas.
  • Have the feeling of being watched much of the time, especially at night. - I have often felt a deep sense of paranoia.
  • Have heard strange humming or pulsing sounds, and you could not identify the source. - this often bothers me. It's one thing to hear someone's bass pumping at 2am, but there have been times when I've heard a different sound and cannot figure out what it is or where it is coming from, although it is a similar humming or buzzing sound.
  • Have had unusual nose bleeds at any time in your life. Or have awoken with a nose bleed. - OFTEN and FREQUENTLY. I have had many times when I will just lean over, and blood is pouring out of my nose. I frequently wake up in the middle of the night to the feeling of blood coming out of my nose to find I'm having a nosebleed. These are never just scratchy, dry nose kind of bleeds - it is literally pouring out of my nose. Once when I was in High School, I sat down to dinner with my mom and brother and blood poured out of my nose all over my dinner plate - we were having chicken nuggets. Thus began the legend of the Bloody Nugget. As I was hungry and had band practice or something, I ate the nuggets anyway, even though they were bloody - I figured it was my own blood after all.
  • Have had back or neck problems, T-3 vertebrae out often, or awoken with an unusual stiffness in any part of the body. - every so often, I will have a horribly stiff and sore neck to the point that I can't turn my head. I have never had an explanation for this, I just wake up that way. I usually figure I just slept weird.
  • Have had chronic sinusitis or nasal problems. - I have frequent colds or allergy-like symptoms, and often fluid in my head settles in my ears and causes ear infections.
  • Have had electronics around you go haywire or oddly malfunction with no explanation (such as street lights going out as you walk under them, TV's and radios affected as you move close, etc.). - OK, those of you who know me know that I am not making this shit up, I truly have had MANY street lights, sign lights, porch lights, etc., go out while I'm either driving under them or walking under them. It's completely freaky, and pretty much a daily/weekly occurrence. My microwave's digital readout has gone completely haywire and is unreadable. I love computers and working with them, but have had many unusual problems with them. Of the 2 computers I've had at work, both have experienced a power supply problem where the power source and motherboard had to be replaced. My laptop, which is not yet one year old, has had the LCD screen replaced 4 times.
  • Have had frequent or sporadic ringing in your ears, especially in one ear - I've had a ringing in one ear for so long that I don't really notice it unless it is very quiet. I also don't hear out of that ear as well. I attribute this to having had so many ear infections in my life.
  • Have insomnia or sleep disorders which are puzzling to you. - I rarely sleep very deeply and wake frequently in the night (like 6-10 times per night)
  • Have had dreams of doctors or medical procedures. - again, I have, but I don't think this is that unusual.
  • Have frequent or sporadic headaches, especially in the sinus, behind one eye, or in one ear. - I don't have frequent headaches, but when I do get them, they are often sinus headaches, or a sharp pain behind one eye, or pain that is more in my jawline than my ear.
  • Have the feeling that you are going crazy for even thinking about these sorts of things. - well, wouldn't you?
  • Have had paranormal or psychic experiences, including intuition. - I often feel I "know" things before they happen or that people don't say or that I've never been told. An example of this will have to wait for another time. I also feel a deep sense of connection to some people in my life, like I recognize their spirits and feel a particular closeness with them.
  • Have been prone to compulsive or addictive behavior. - thankfully, I don't drink much, because I could see myself having trouble with this if I did. I do have compulsive thoughts that are irrational and my love for Reese's Cups might be considered an addiction by some.
  • Have been afraid of your closet, now or as a child. - this probably comes from watching the movie ET at an impressionable young age.
  • Have to sleep against the wall or must sleep with your bed against a wall. - not really, but I do have to sleep on the side of the bed closest to the door, so this might be considered a different kind of compulsive behavior.
  • Have a difficult time trusting other people. especially authority figures. - definitely, in fact I rarely trust people in high authority roles, such as the head of my department or the president or lawmakers or mayors. I pretty much always think they are corrupt and making uninformed decisions, even if I get to know them and think they are OK people, I still think they are poor leaders and don't trust them. Again, the president probably isn't a very good example since I think most of us don't have much trust in him these days...
  • Have had dreams of destruction or catastrophe. - most of the dreams I can remember are dreams about disaster on a large scale - earthquakes, nuclear bombs, flooding.
  • Have the feeling that you are not supposed to talk about these things, or that you should not talk about them. - yeah, but I think that's because I feel people will think I'm crazy or just being funny. And really, everything I've put here is real.
  • Have tried to resolve these types of problems with little or no success. - I almost went into therapy after seeing the movie "Signs." I constantly "seeing" the aliens from that movie - sometimes walking by my door at night, or peering into the skylight over the shower. I wasn't actually seeing them, but I frequently had the image of them watching me in my mind whenever I saw a window or doorway. I sorted this out by rationalizing that this fear was stemming from my deep anxiety about the then impending Iraq war.
  • Have many of these traits but can't remember anything about an abduction or alien encounter. - true, true.

Some more fascinating info about Alien Abduction (and some funny stuff, too).

I don't have a nice neat way to wrap this blog up, so I'm going to just end it here and I'll probably add more to this topic in the future.

PS: I've completely freaked myself out while looking for photos for this blog entry!

2 comments:

Depressionista said...

Alright, after reading this post I have no doubts that you were, in fact, abducted by aliens at some point. I believe in other things that are just as weird, so why not this? I would like to talk to you more about some of your experiences. Maybe you could get hypnotized or something to try to figure out what happened.

I have a question...why does it necessarily have to be a bad thing to be abducted by aliens? Do you think that, or are you "okay" with it in some way? Maybe it's what has given you the sense of compassion that you have, or some other positive attribute like your intuition or????

Also, why do you think YOU were abducted? What would attract the aliens to you? That is an idea for a future blog post. I'd really like to hear your theories.

In any case, this post confirmed for me that you are just as much of a freak as I am...and I love it!

dman said...

At one time I would have said that I think that you have been abducted. At this time in my life, I am a little doubtful. Not to say that it didn't happen; I do believe that there are aliens out there. I don't have any answers about their intentions and what they means in the grand scheme of things though. At one time, I was very much interested in UFOs and the like. I actually have always wanted to see them, but can't say that I have. Although I do have many of these same sympthoms that you describe, so who knows. It could have happened to me as well.