Friday, February 02, 2007

An Alarming Morning

My husband and I were awakened this morning at about 4:45am by the phone ringing. The same thing happened yesterday and the day before. It was the security company for the store where my husband works. A motion detector had sensed movement inside the store. The first day, we didn't get the phone and by the time the security company got a hold of someone, there was already someone at the store.

But yesterday, we answered the phone. My husband is first on the list because he is one of the managers and also lives the closest to the store. He figured it was just the heat coming on (which happens about that time every day) and blowing something around, setting off the motion detectors. After settling back into bed, the phone rang again. It was the police, and they wanted my husband to meet them at the store.

When he came home a couple of hours later, I learned that the motion sensor had gone off in the gun room (he works at a sporting goods store). This room has loose guns and ammo. My husband said it was quite a scene as he opened the door and got out of the way, surrounded by all of the cops rushing in with their guns drawn. Freaky!

He still thinks it was a mouse or the heat coming on and knocking something over or blowing something around. But it sure made for an exciting 3 mornings!

1 comment:

Depressionista said...

This is really weird. You never mentioned this to me! It's pretty scary, really. Who ever knew that working at Place Where Husband Works would be so dangerous? Guns, ammo, security cameras, police, brain tumors...the list goes on. Kinda weird that it would go off three mornings in a row and then stop. Hmmm. I hope it never happens again. It's worrisome. Jeez.