Saturday, October 18, 2008

Tingle Gets a Little "Tang"

I went to the eye doctor today. I know you are supposed to go every year these days, but I think that's a ploy for eye doctors to make more money. My prescription hasn't changed in over 15 years, and once again, at this appointment, it is the same.

I ordered new contacts, and also got the dreaded glaucoma test where they put the drops in your eyes and wait for your pupils to dilate. Ugh.

While I was waiting for my pupils to dilate, I shopped for new eyeglass frames. I think it's been about 10 years since I got new eyeglasses. I rarely wear them, so it hasn't really mattered. But now the paint is wearing off on the bridge and scratching my face right between my nose, and they are so worn that they don't fit on my head very well.

I would estimate that 80% of the glasses they had to choose from were what I call "Sarah Palin Glasses." They are many different versions of the rectangular-shaped glasses. I don't have anything against them - they look great on some people. But for me, they just didn't look right. And also, I'm not a fan of "trendy."

After getting opinions from the ladies working there, (2 of them liked the Sarah Palin glasses, 1 of them plus me liked the rounder ones that I chose) I decided on the below glasses. They're made by Shanghai Tang, which is apparently some hip brand, but I'd never heard of 'em. They are fun and different. I thought they were "me." See what you think.

When my glasses come in (a week or two) I'll take a picture of me in them.

My eyes have been screwed up ALL day from those glaucoma drops! At first, it wasn't too bad because it was cloudy, but after spending a little bit of time shopping and waiting for my eyes to feel better, the sun broke through, and while beautiful, made my eyes hurt and I could barely keep them open! Those drops are torture!

2 comments:

Grama Ritzy said...

Nice spec's. I have rectangular glasses. They are NOT "Sarah Palin Glasses." Mine are much nicer.

UnrulyArchivist said...

These look sweet! I can't wait to see you in them. I think you look great in glasses. You should wear them more. Please post a photo when you get them!