Friday, October 24, 2008

Poop Stories

Another shout-out to Depressionista, wanted to post her story about my "beach" poop. The original, along with other hilarious poop stories, is found here:
Poop Stories by Depressionista

-----------------------------

Michiana Shores

Last year (2005), Tingle and her husband S., me and J. vacationed for a long weekend in the Michiana Shores area. It was a cold, blustery day, and yet we longed to walk along the beach and explore an austere and beautiful pier made of stone. We had just had lunch at some kind of bar and grille type place so we were in for a lazy walk. I grabbed my camera bag and we disembarked from the car. S. and J. walked ahead in some kind of manly unspoken competition to see if they could get to the end of the pier without someone wussing out. Tingle and I took it more slowly and walked just along the first part of the rocky construction.

As we walked quietly amongst the stones, watching the water lap at the shore, Tingle began having the signs of an impending diarrheal dump. It soon became clear that there was no way she was getting back to anything resembling civilization before she had to acquiese to her body's needs. Tingle, well known for her ability to piss anywhere, anytime, decided she had no choice but to duck down behind a rock and go for it (at which point I took one of my most favorite photos ever).

There was only one problem, however...neither of us had one scrap of paper, tissue, or even a leaf for clean-up purposes. In a moment of brilliant inspiration, I offered her the handtowel I kept in my camera bag to protect the equipment. Without choice, she accepted it gratefully, and like a cat, buried it, along with the rest of her deposit, beneath the sand. A few weeks later she sent me a replacement towel with a nice note reminding us of the hilarity on the beach. It sits in my camera bag, tag and note still attached, ready for its next use, whatever it may be.

----------------------

This story still makes me laugh. I'll have to find and scan the photo because, as I was trying hard not to poop on any of my parts (shoes, legs, etc.), I was laughing hysterically at the whole scenario - me crouching behind some big rocks, cramping up and trying to let loose, trying not to be seen by anyone else on or near the beach, while Depressionista tries to take a picture of me.

1 comment:

UnrulyArchivist said...

It's a classic! It's one of my favorite memories :-) It also makes me miss you SO much...can't wait for our next adventure together!