Saturday, February 18, 2006

What is Itchy Tingle?

One of my favorite conversational questions is "If you had a band, what would you call it?"

For the longest time, I had two perfect names:
Spleen (just imagine: "Ladies and gentlemen, SPLEEEEEENNNNN!!!"
Glistening Panties (this would be an all-girl group)

Lately (fueled by an obsession for "Guitar Hero" on Playstation), I've been thinking up other names.

First, I came up with "Burning Bush." This would also be an all-girl band and it came from trying to come up with ride ideas for a real theme park called "The Holy Land Experience." My friend, "Depressionista" still has the winning ride idea: "The Guilt-a-Whirl."

Anyway, just this weekend, I heard a commercial about cold sores, which described that "itchy tingle" sensation you get when you are developing one. I thought that was a great band name, and now my blog name. Just rolls off the tongue, don't it?

Here are some band names from my friends:
Joy Box
Oily Discharge
Itchy Biscuit
Mack and the Dingleberries
Bad Touch
Anal Leakage
Sneezer
Cameltoe (all girl band)
Gristle or Strings of Gristle or Gristlevein (heavy metal band)
Syphilisten (grunge)

Got a cool, yet funny, band name? E-mail me!

1 comment:

Depressionista said...

How about "Sneezer"--kind of like Weezer. Or "Cameltoe?" Didn't we also talk about "Gristle" being a good name? I think Gristle would work better in combination with another word, like "Strings of Gristle" or maybe "GristleVein." This one's a reach, but for a really grungy punk band, how about "Syphilisten"? It looks a little bit German in print. That's all I got for now! Anxiously awaiting your next post, Tingle!