Friday, December 01, 2006

Ugly Christmas Lights

My husband and I have a tradition. Every year, we like to drive around making fun of Christmas lights. Sometimes we see lights that look great, and we always praise those folks for doing a good job. But more often, we see strings of lights that are haphazardly draped over gutters, bizarre combinations of colors and sizes, and schizophrenic lights - where half of them are blinking, half aren't.

I was looking on the web for some blue Christmas lights. I don't know why I like blue so much, but I really like the way the blue lights look outside on a dark night. And I came across this brilliant website where they are celebrating the ugliest of Christmas decorations. You can find it at: UglyChristmasLights.com

The site was inspired by particularly garish light decorations, such as this one below...

Most of the photos are submitted via e-mail to the site, so you, too, can start your own tradition of looking for the ugliest and gawdiest lights in your neighborhood!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At first when I clicked on the link, I thought, well, these aren't THAT bad. I've seen stuff that's that bad in my neighborhood!

And then...and then, I clicked on the 2005 collection and saw The Quilt House; Mosquito Net; Cutout Land; and Where's Waldo. Wow. Unbelievably bad. Thanks for the laugh!

I hope you post some kind of photo of your house after you put up your lights!

Depressionista said...

Again, the anonymous was me, Depressionista. Sorry again!