Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Girls Night

Before red tents
Pandora’s box
Persephone
Eden
We gathered
when our songs
were heard loudly
We gathered
to touch the soft roundness
of each one
We gathered
dancing of worth
sculpting our souls
praising our passion
We gathered
in safety
in warmth
with open minds
hearts
bodies
freely expressing
our humanity
and all that
flows female
We gathered
sharing of loss
of forbidden fruit
of expectations not reached
We gathered
as more than women
mothers
friends
wives
daughters
yet all in us
We gathered
as sisters
sewn together
through the
palms of our hearts.

2 comments:

Depressionista said...

Beautiful. Just beautiful. I love the last three lines "sewn together through the palms of our hearts." I just don't know how you come up with such awesome and perfect word combinations.

I love this poem. It truly captures the real reason and value of Girls Night. I can't wait until I can have one with you again (put me down for March 31st!) and, better yet, until I can get all my girls together.

You are gifted. Thank you for sharing your gifts with me and the world!

butterfly cocoon said...

That was such a lovely thing to read. I love it, it's just beautiful!