Sunday, April 29, 2007

Beautiful Pharmeceuticals

Whoever does the marketing for pharmaceutical companies is brilliant! I've never taken Lunesta, but that Lunesta moth (I recently learned it's supposed to be a Luna moth, get it?) that flies around the sleepy town and gently hovers over people sleeping so soundly makes me not only WANT Lunesta, it makes me want to have that moth, even BE that moth! I think it's funny that one of the side effects they list is "drowsiness!" I would hope so, isn't that the point? I also learned that Lunesta is in the same class of drugs as Rohypnol, also known as the "date rape drug." Like Rohypnol, Lunesta can cause memory loss. I guess that would make some people not want to take it, but memory loss sounds kinda nice to me at times. So, if I take Lunesta, do you think the Lunesta moth will come?

I actually do take Zoloft, and I just adore the little Zoloft egg. It's so cute and so sad and alone in the commercials and print material, and then, with the magic and beauty of the medication, the egg is able to enjoy life again.












Another one I'm particularly fond of is the "Your Dreams Miss You" ads from Rozerem, the ones with the beaver and Abraham Lincoln. These ads get a bit annoying, but if you go to their website, http://www.rozerem.com/, you may gain a newfound appreciation for their marketing campaign, as I have. At the website, you can play chess with the beaver, and click on anything in the kitchen and it will take you to healthy sleep practices, a dream dictionary, and even Podcasts of relaxing music to help you sleep.

While all this marketing and promotion is impressive, it also makes you wonder: How much money do these pharmaceutical companies really make?!

No comments: