Sunday, January 20, 2008

Trying again (in so many ways)

I have no good excuse for not blogging all this time - other than the usual life crap we all have going on. So, this is my first attempt to ease back in, to "try again" as it were.

And with that, a couple of updates. My husband and I are "trying again" for a family. We've been pretty active and on/off fertility drugs for months. Finally, this month, we're graduating to Intra-uterine Insemmination (IUI). Any day now, when I get that smiley face on the ovulation predictor, we'll go in and hope I get pregant.

At the same time, we began the process of international adoption in October. I've been really struggling with the paperwork and such, so I haven't gotten very far on it. We've decided to adopt from Russia after exploring different countries and the pros and cons of each. But right now, we've chosen to put it on hold for a little bit while we try IUI. While we were just "trying" I felt like we could do that and pursue the adoption at the same time, but with the IUI, I just feel like I need to focus on that for now.

So, the other way I'm "trying again" is trying to blog and keep up with it! Hope I get some readers at some point, although I understand if you're tired of waiting for something new.

3 comments:

kerry said...

Sending lots of positive energy your way!

scrapgirljen said...

Funny... I've been thinking a lot about you lately... with a really good feeling about you... and then I got to see your artistic greeting card last night...

So... I'll keep thinking about you and a nice comfy clingy uterine lining....

Depressionista said...

Wow, I didn't know you were blogging again! Awesome!

You know I am wishing you nothing but the best and that I'm along for the ride no matter what happens. And I think you're amazing.

When are we going to see a post about "Fitty Mill?"

Remember to rub the SnickleSnackle Fertility Pig and know that I'm thinking of you!