Sunday, February 24, 2008

And the Itchy goes to...

My picks from the Oscar dresses:

The "that looks like something Renee Zellweger would wear - oh wait, that is Renee Zellweger" award goes to Renee Zellweger!



The "maybe this is what we'll all be wearing in the future - metallic potato sacks" award goes to Tilda Swinton! (and I really like her, so it's sad this outfit is so awful)



The "does my butt look big? Can you see my panty lines?" award goes to Cameron Diaz!



The "I got this on the clearance rack at
Pea-n-the-Pod" award goes to Cate Blanchett!



The "I want to like you because you seem cool and have an intersting tale, but this dress makes me question your judgement" award goes to Diablo Cody! (who used to be an exotic dancer, by the way, so maybe she's still being exotic)




The "this is NOT for the fat girls" award goes to Jennifer Hudson!




The "WHAT THE $%@$!!" award goes to Heidi Klum!



The "thank you for actually dressing like a young lady and not like a little whore" award goes to Saorise Ronan! (a perfect dress for her, beautiful without being slutty!)



The "I can't think of what movies you've been in but you sure look hot tonight" award goes to Josh Lucas!
The "I don't know who you are, but this
is a classy dress" award goes to Amy Ryan!



The "dresses I like" awards go to:
Helen Mirren

Diane Lane



And my personal pick for best dressed of the night:

ANNE HATHAWAY!!!


1 comment:

UnrulyArchivist said...

Okay, I know we already discussed this, but for posterity's sake...My favorite part of your post was the Cate Blanchett slam. So true! I also like the Cameron Diaz one. She has a habit of showing up at awards shows looking like a crumpled-up paper plane.

I also liked your "this is NOT for the fat girls" on Jennifer Hudson. What is the deal with her "stylist"? Does she have one? I saw that she even got onto some of the best-dressed lists, but I look at her and all I can think is BOOBS!!! FAT ARMS!!!

I also really liked Amy Ryan's classy dress ad Anne Hathaway, but I think my fave was Katherine Heigl, followed closely by Penelope Cruz. Heigl's gown just fit her so well and made her look so old-school glam. I thought Hellen Mirren looked great, as usual, but I thought the white sleeves were kind of distracting.

This was fun! I can't wait for next year!