Sunday, August 24, 2008

Las Vegas, Day 6

Friday was Day 6 in Vegas, our last day. We decided to go to the pool early in the day. This ended up being a good idea, since the bikini contingent was apparently not up yet. Well, at least not all of them. There were other fat-ish people and one-piece suits out there earlier in the day.

We went in the water, then I layed out for a while, then went back in the water when it got hot, and then out again. After the second time out, S. went back to the room, and I stayed laying in the sun - I wanted to go home with at least some color!

The photo at the left is S. pointing out what he says is the hieroglyphic for "hamburger" in the elevator.

After showers and getting ready, we took a cab down to the Mirage for the Cirque du Soleil: The Beatles LOVE show. I played some more slot machines, lost more money, and continued to feel like a moron that I kept playing!

We picked up our tickets and shopped in the gift shop for the show because we figured it would be crowded later. Then we went and had a cold beverage and walked around a bit. Eventually, we went to dinner at a Chinese restaurant in the Mirage. It was quite good, VERY upscale, but they didn't have any sake, so that was a little disappointing.

The Beatles LOVE show was amazing! I just loved it! It was so much fun and had some great acts, and of course the music was great. Some of it was so trippy! At one point, I turned to S. and said, "I wish I was high right now!" By the end of the show, I was near tears, I loved it so much.

After the show, we went to Treasure Island, which was next door. We walked around a bit in there, played some more slots (because I am an idiot!) and then walked around a bit outside. Eventually, we headed back to the hotel. It was a later night than usual, and we still had to pack.

Packed up, hit the sack, got up early, and took a cab to the airport. The flights home were uneventful, it felt great to finally get home. I immediately felt like I had more space and quiet. It was nice to sleep in my own bed again!

We had a great time in Las Vegas, but it's good to be home.

4 comments:

Grama Ritzy said...

Welcome home!

UnrulyArchivist said...

I like the "other fat-ish people and one-piee suits out there..." I think we should start calling ourselvs and our fellow fat swimmers "one-piecers"!

The hieroglyphic for hamburger is awesome! By the way, did you have to look up how to spell hieroglyphic? Because I would have had to!

I too wish you had been high at the Love Show. In fact, I wish I could have been high with you at the Love Show. I think that's the only way I could really enjoy Cirque du Soleil :-)

I'm glad you made it back okay...thanks for sharing your trip with us, it was so fun to experience it along with you!

ACR said...

Glad you and S had a super trip!! I would love to go to Vegas and remember it!

Grama Ritzy said...

Buy the way, S. misread that heiroglyphic. It is the the sign for easter egg. He must have been hungry for a burger.