Sunday, November 23, 2008

Dropping a Blog

This blog entry is dedicated to B-Tom (yes, that's what I'm gonna call you now because it sounds cool), who inspired it with his comments on my blog. His comments made me think about all the euphemisms we have for pooping.

There are some that are more universal than others, like:
  • dropping a deuce
  • pinching a loaf
  • catching up on some reading
  • disposing of some hazardous waste
  • dropping a log
  • dropping the kids off at the pool
  • making a deposit at the porcelain bank
  • paving the Hershey highway
  • releasing the demons
  • taking a load off your mind
  • dispensing some Soft-Serve
  • exorcise the demons

Some funny ones I've never heard of, but of course someone on the internet has posted (note: I will not post or use the derogatory ones):

  • bombing the Oval Office
  • dancing with Deuce Bigalog
  • full moon over troubled waters
  • helping the groundhog find his shadow
  • launching a corn canoe
  • negotiating the release of the chocolate hostages
  • taking the Browns to the Super Bowl
  • updating the captain's log
  • backing the bus out of the garage
  • cleaning out the vertical file
  • clear out some inventory
  • colon bowlin’
  • make a Cleveland steamer
  • make a donation to the porcelain god
  • open up a can of soup
  • visit fortress of solitude

Wait a second! Why are so many of these derogatory references to Cleveland??

My patented term, by the way, for having diarrhea is: "ASSplosion" as in, "I gotta find a toilet quick! I'm about to have an ASSplosion!"

Another favorite of mine, as coined by my brother when he was in the Army, is "jumpers in the door." This is a reference to when paratroopers are at the door, and they say, "jumpers in the door!" Sometimes we just say, "Dude, I got jumpers!"

This is probably an appropriate place to share that intestinal issues are a family trait. My brother and I have been known to wrap up a box of Imodium AD and put it into each others' stockings at Christmas.

Some more of my personal favorite euphemisms for when you need to go:

  • turtle poking its head out
  • prairie doggin' it

My final topic of this blog entry is the strangely named trucking company, A. Duie Pyle. Everytime I see one of these trucks hauling down the highway, I think, "Does no one else think that's a kinda funny name? It must be a joke, right? Right??" But apparently, it is not.

A. Duie Pyle was founded by Mr. Alexander Duie Pyle of Coatesville, PA in 1924. Why he chose to call the company A. Duie Pyle and not something like A.D. Pyle, I'm not sure I know. Maybe back in 1924, the word "doo-doo" didn't have the same meaning.

4 comments:

BTomaselli said...

I am truly flattered to have a post dedicated to me :)

Holy crap (pun intended)! The corn canoe got me laughing out loud for real! Prairie doggin' has been a personal favorite for years.

You want to know something weird - A's father worked at A Duie Pyle. Cue the Twilight Zone music...

Mike said...

my standard is "blowing a low note"!

mike

Grama Ritzy said...

I'm really lovin' your poo blogs. That kind of worries me. :?)

UnrulyArchivist said...

This post? Awesome!

I have one to add that you use a lot: "Gambled and lost" for when you think you just have to fart but then you crap your pants.

I also LOVE the turtle and prairie dog references.

One that's only sort of a euphemism (depending on the severity of the incident) but always entertains my husband is when I say "I just shit my guts out."

God, I know I have more but I can't think of them now....very entertaining! I need to find a way to work "launching a corn canoe" into my everyday usage!