Friday, January 16, 2009

Look out Snuggie! Here comes Cabin Cuddler!

And you thought Snuggie was bad! I couldn't believe it when I received an email for the "Cabin Cuddler."

I travel a lot. I'm on an airplane an average of once a month. And I'll be honest, when I've grabbed one of those airplane pillows, I've thought to myself, "I wonder whose head was on this before I got here. Are these things ever washed? Sprayed down with disinfectant?" The same goes for the blankets, although I'm more cautious about where I put my head since my body is usually protected by a clothes, hence no skin-to-blanket contact.

I do own one of those goofy U-shaped neck pillows, and yes, I do use it. It really helps, but I only bring it with me during longer flights - or long car rides.

The Cabin Cuddler looks even more like a restrictive device than the Snuggie. And I can't figure out, is it one piece? 2? 3? Frankly, I'm not even sure how you get into this thing, and in the event of an emergency, how you get OUT! The website is completely devoid of any information about this product except that it's supposed to keep you warm on an airplane and how to order it.

And an inflatable pillow comes free? Who would REALLY be inflating a pillow on an airplane? You'd look like a complete dork! Although it would really come in handy in the event of a water landing. No thanks, I'll take the booklight that comes with the Snuggie! My seat cushion doubles as a flotation device, I hear.

As for keeping your feet warm with the "patented foot pocket" - I generally do not remove my shoes on airplanes.

Furthermore, I am rarely cold on airplanes. I get SO irritated by all those shivering morons on airplanes. I have one thing to say to people who get cold a lot - BRING A SWEATER WITH YOU EVERYWHERE! If you get cold in meetings, appointments, airplanes, movie theaters, restaurants - BE PREPARED! I am hardly ever cold, most of the time I'm burning up. Nevertheless, I still keep both a wrap and a sweater in my office at all times and bring one with me when I travel.

When people complain about the temperature, they expect someone to adjust the thermostat. I HATE THAT! Listen, if you are cold, you can put more layers on - I can't take any layers OFF! Well, I could, but I doubt others on the airplane or in the meeting would appreciate it!

This is not to say I'm hating on people who complain about this cold weather. It is unnaturally cold outside right now, and I hate it, too. -8 degrees? -25 with the windchill? That is just too cold to even comprehend. But if we have to go out in it, we are prepared, right? I'm wearing two pairs of socks today and two shirts. I even wore earmuffs AND a hat AND the hood of my coat.

So, whatever it takes to keep you warm - Snuggie, Cabin Cuddler, Slanket, whatever - just be prepared people. Be prepared!

2 comments:

BTomaselli said...

I love how the picture make you think that there's really that much room between your seat and the one in front of you.

Cass said...

funny!
I made my own snuggie type thing--I called it my "human cozy"....Did I ever show it to you? its not as restrictive as the cabin thing!