Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Second Day of the Rest of My Life

Some inspiration for the journey...

"Adversity is like a strong wind. It tears away from us all but the things that cannot be torn, so that we see ourselves as we really are." ~Arthur Golden, Memoirs of a Geisha

"Fall seven times, stand up eight." ~Japanese Proverb

"When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn." ~Harriet Beecher Stowe

"I have woven a parachute out of everything broken." ~William Stafford

“I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.” ~William Allen White

“All day I think about it, then at night I say it. Where did I come from, and what am I supposed to be doing? I have no idea. My soul is from elsewhere, I'm sure of that, and I intend to end up there.” ~Jalal ad-Din Rumi

"I existed from all eternity and, behold, I am here; and I shall exist till the end of time, for my being has no end." ~Kahlil Gibran

"When the Japanese mend broken objects, they aggrandize the damage by filling the cracks with gold. They believe that when something's suffered damage and has a history it becomes more beautiful." ~Barbara Bloom

"Each friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born." ~Anais Nin

“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” ~Lao Tzu

"Put yourself in a state of mind where you say to yourself, 'Here is an opportunity for me to celebrate like never before, my own power, my own ability to get myself to do whatever is necessary'." ~Martin Luther King Jr.

"If you hear a voice within you say "you cannot paint," then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." ~Vincent Van Gogh

1 comment:

Cass said...

those are awesome quotes--nice job!