Thursday, February 19, 2009

IVF Update

An ItchyTingle Health Report

Finally called the IVF clinic since I didn't get test results from the January appointment. Results:

Cystic Fibrosis = negative (I am not a carrier)
Sean's blood type = A+
Marcy's blood type = A+
Sean's STDs = none
Marcy's STDs = none
German Measles = I am immune
A1C number = 6.8

Tomorrow AM, I go in for another A1C check. They won't do the IVF if it's not under 7, but would ideally like it to be under 6. I'm pretty proud of myself because it was 8.8 in October and I've dropped it 2 whole points in 3 months through meds and better eating.

If the A1C is still dropping, I will start on the Lupron shots on Monday. Otherwise, we might wait another month.

Stayed home sick again today (nasty cold) and was productive in scheduling my first mammogram (my doctor would like that to be done before we do IVF, even though I'm kind of young), and a "Well-Woman" visit (as they call it). Also scheduled an appointment with my regular doctor as a follow up on the A1C and keeping my sugar down.

So, things are heading in the right direction, even if the IVF doesn't happen for a couple of months. Might be for the best - March is a high-travel month for me, would be difficult if I have ot do an egg retrieval in there, too!

Keep on hopin'!!

...

3 comments:

Cass said...

Sounds like things are going pretty well with the process. Good job on the A1C reduction--not sure how that works but I am always impressed if something requires a change in diet and a person pulls it off! I hope your cold gets better!

And I love the picture you found for this post!

Amy said...

Great news, Marcy!

ragfish said...

You know my heart is with you.
And where do you find these crazy pictures?