Saturday, May 03, 2008

Plan B Update 5

I gave myself the last shot on May 1. S. came down at like 11:00pm, his eyes half open, looking like he was going to fall over, and said, "You want me to give you your shot??" I looked at him and said, "You know what, I'm going to go ahead and take my chances and give it to myself tonight!"

It went fine. This whole week I've been feeling GREAT! I'm happy and energetic! I don't know if that's a good sign or what, but I'm glad to be feeling so much better after 2 weeks of lethargy and aches and pains.

My lower abdomen feels all puffy and swollen, but I'm only 1 day out from the last HcG shot, and that can mess with you and give you pregnancy symptoms, as I understand.

Just wanted to relay to everyone that I'm feeling really good! Now we have to wait 2 weeks to do a pregnancy test (unless I get my period) because I could get a false positive right now. Since home pregnancy tests test for HcG, the shots could make it show up as positive even though it might not be, so they want to wait until the HcG from the shots is out of my system.

So, that's today's quick update!

1 comment:

UnrulyArchivist said...

I feel like I am holding my breath this week...everything I have is pulling for you. It's almost like a constant energy in my mind all the time, just beneath the surface but not quite in the subconscious, that's just going "Let it work! Let it work! Let it work!"

I SO hope for good news this week, but also want you to know that if it isn't, I'm here, and I love you!