Thursday, June 26, 2008

This week on the Infertility Network...


Sorry to have left y'all hanging after the last post.

Even though I had one leftover follicle this month, they allowed me to go ahead and do this cycle after my blood work hormone level was normal. Started on the Clomid the next day, then the shots on Saturday. I've been feeling miserable! Sunday night, about 1/2 hour after the shot, I threw up. Then I threw up again the next morning after my shower. Since I was also having hot flashes, felt dizzy, extremely tired, and crabby, I was pretty sure it was the shots, so I went to work. In the middle of a meeting, I had to run out and go puke again. I HATE throwing up. HATE IT! I was crying and wretching and just felt miserable, so I went home and went right to bed.

I had my check-in appointment Tuesday morning, and the ultrasound looked good - the follicle was still there, but hadn't gotten any bigger, so that's a good thing. And there were a few little follicles popping so that was also good. The nurse said everything looked fine and that I was probably just having some side effects, but it wasn't anything to worry about unless the ultrasound or blood work came back abnormal. But they didn't. She said if I'm really miserable, I can quit - it's always up to me.

That evening, I was just sobbing to Sean, "I don't want to do this anymore!" I've just been feeling SO miserable. But, I couldn't see wasting the shots, since essentially we're talking about $150 per day for my shots, I didn't want to throw that away.

So, I've soldiered on. Yesterday was a decent day, although I was in bed by 8:30. Today, I was SOOO tired at work, I came home and took a long nap. Tomorrow I go back in for the next ultrasound and blood hormone check. I hope I'm progressing well so we can go to the next insemination already!

1 comment:

Gumby13 said...

Wow -- you are a trooper! I totally hate throwing up also, and I'm like the queen of it if you remember. I thought of you today when I had some cramping myself. It was very hard to deal with the pain at work, so I can't even imagine what you are going through. It may not help, but when I go through something uncomfortable I try to remind myself that it won't last forever (you might not have a chance to think of this as you heave up your lunch). You are such a strong person -- many people could not weather what you have gone through (some folks couldn't even give themselves shots). Do you think a typical guy would do that? Nope. My thoughts are with you!