Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Second Annual Itchy Awards

Here are my special awards from the Oscar fashions. To see my picks from last year, go to: And the Itchy goes to...

The "I'm not even really sure what is going on with this dress" award goes to Reese Witherspoon...

The "80s hair is in again, right? What? It's not???" award goes to Lisa Rinna...

The "WTF?? But what did we expect?" for a male award goes to Mickey Rourke...

The "WTF" award for a female goes to (I don't know who this lady is, the wife of some executive or something)...
The "Dive into the butter" award goes to Sophia Loren...


The "No one this skinny should have boobs this big" award goes to Sarah Jessica Parker... The "Always Stunning" award goes to Queen Latifah (and my apologies that I was unable to find a picture of her entire dress, but she still looks stunning)...

The "she looks GREAT and isn't even an actress" award goes to Anne Sweeney...

The "I guess you didn't learn anything from last year's Oscars" award goes to Tilda Swinton...
The "is anyone else as offended as I am that they call these beautiful children the 'Slumdog Kids' but they looked just adorable and age-appropriate" award goes to the "Slumdog Kids"...
The "I'm again not sure what to think here" award goes to Amanda Seifried...

The "pink done wrong" award goes to Natalie Portman...

The "pink done right" award goes to Alicia Keyes...The "beautiful sari-inspired dress really works, I love how it honors her culture and looks red-carpet-worthy" award goes to Freida Pinto... The "I actually kinda dig this look" award goes to Virginia Madsen...
The "not taking any chances, but looking very elegant" award goes to Diane Lane...
The "I didn't like your dress last year, either, even if you are a trendsetting beauty" award goes to Heidi Klum...

The "apparently the tabloids are wrong and she's not pregnant again" award goes to Angelina Jolie...
The "built in airbags (and I'm not just talking about her boobs and/or head)" award goes to Jessica Biehl...The "yeah it's different, but I think you look like a couch from an old-folks home" award goes to Mary Hart...
The "I know other people loved this but I think it's horrendous and what's with the belt??" award goes to Miley Cyrus...
The "lots of people hated this, but I really liked it" award goes to Amy Adams...The "I'm not usually a fan, but this is the first time I love what you're wearing" award goes to Penelope Cruz
The "complete hotness in anything (or nothing)" award goes to Daniel Craig...
And my picks for the best dressed at the 2009 Academy Awards:

Kate Winslet (I know, not everyone liked this, but I thought it was edgy and elegant)...

Viola Davis (I love this look, simple, stunning and the whole look just WORKS)...Jennifer Aniston (the best she has ever looked, IMO!)

Anne Hathaway (I know, I liked her look last year, too, but this is amazing)

Taraji P. Henson (unique and just beautiful! Quite possibly my favorite of the night!)

...

1 comment:

ragfish said...

The other terrific thing about Tarija's dress is it shows that she's got some SHAPE! She's not just a tube with boobs.